How to Recruit the Best Talent
- Use Social Media
- Market on Social Media
- Embrace Technology
- Hire based on Ability
- Do not Delay
- Use Referrals
Experts say that if you want to have a successful business, you should have happy employees. A great team is made up of the best talent and loyal employees. When it comes to recruitment, there are a few things that great companies have in common – they know that they do not have the upperhand in hiring. With so many companies and so very few professionals, the fight is no longer between employees. The fight to build a great team is now all about between the companies.
If you are looking to have more great employees and build a great team, you should know the secrets that every great recruiter would agree on. What are the six steps that every recruiter should know to get the best talent in a pool of talents?
Before, a lot of people have a tendency to look at social media as a way of relaxing or just a hobby. Currently, however, social media has become more than just about connecting with your loved ones. Social media brings power. Social media brings people, and the right people if you know where to look.
If you are looking to hire the best talent, you should know how to use their social media in the recruitment process. You should also know how to use your own social media accounts to your advantage.
In Hiring The Right People, Use Their Social Media Accounts
It will be very easy for you to get caught in the idea that your talent’s resumes show their best qualities. However, you are not just looking for a cookie cutter employee, you are looking for someone who will work best with your team. In hiring the right people, you should learn how to vet their social media accounts. You may do the following:
- Vet their social media accounts in order to see their interests. You will easily be able to decipher if the recruit actually has what it takes to become a part of your team if you know that they share the same interests and values as you.
- Look at their values. Is the talent family-oriented? Does he have children? Does she live near the office? Hiring a talent means that you are also opening yourself up to them so you should hire one with the same values as you.
- Are your political and social views the same? It may seem like a trivial matter, or sometimes problematic and discriminatory to hire based on social and political views. However, to get the best talent that will fit your team, you should know where they stand on certain issues and how they handle dissent. Your employees do not need to agree with you always. However, they should at least know how to control their dissent.
In relation to the first step, you should know how to do the second step. Once you find the right people, they must actually want to work for you. This step is where your compensation package and what you have to offer comes in.
What does your company have to offer? What are the perks of working for your company? Is there work-life balance? You should be able to show off that your company is more than just a place of work but allows for innovation and personal time.
How do you do this step? Some steps that you can make are the following:
- Market your compensation package.
- Go beyond compensation and market your benefits.
- Post some reviews about how it is working for your company.
You may feel that this one is a requirement already but you will be surprised at how many individual companies fail at embracing technology.
How do you embrace technology? You should learn how to do the following:
- Optimize your website for mobile applications. Most individuals use a mobile application nowadays. It is also a good sign to hire tech-savvy individuals as this is an added bonus to your company.
- Use remote hiring. The best thing about technology is that even the hiring process can be mobile. Use remote hiring processes such as video calls and emails.
As part of embracing technology, it is also a good idea to hire based on one’s ability and not his location. Getting a remote team may seem like a dream in the past but this is no longer the case. Now that off-site working and monitoring is available, you can just as easily hire that great candidate under a work-from-home arrangement over another talent who lives nearby but is unable to pass the qualifications you required.
With the help of virtual technology, you are able to hire individuals without having to worry about the distance. This is one step that most of the more competitive companies apply.
It is important that you also do not have any delays in hiring. Top talents and those who really know what they are doing are very easy to hire. You should make sure that you have a good decision making process and hire the best talents as they come knocking on your company;s doorstep. Keep in mind that any delay may mean that you are losing talents. To increase your hiring potential, technology is your best friend.
If you have good talent already hired in your company, you may utilize them and ask if they can refer to individuals of the same caliber as them. You should use this system as well to let future hires know that you are a good company. Getting reviews from your employees is the best way for talent to come to you. If you have a good reputation, it will be easy to hire individuals who will take care of your company in the same way that you take care of your employees.